Saturday, October 4, 2008

"we could use a little more color up here"

If you're confused by the title of this post well so was i when the manager at Turtle Bay spoke it to me. I gave him a weird look and he said "not to sound racist but with all the hawaiians working up here it might be good to get a couple Haoles working here too". the guys was hawaiian himself so i just kinda laughed and he said he'd call me.

I just thought i should start posting before i start forgetting whats happened so far in hawaii. The weather is wonderful, 80 degrees every day. There's always a light breeze so even though its crazy humid, its wonderful. Not as much mean spirited Raceism like a few people warned me but its deffinately there. The job search is horrible though, in Honolulu everybody wants you to speak japanese, in Laie getting a job is impossible if you're not a BYU student and everywhere else they want you to be Hawaiian.

I'm not discouraged at all though, i knew it would be hard so I'll just keep at it full steam ahead.

2 comments:

Maggie Rose said...

HI Tyler this is Maggie. I miss you so much! I hope your having fun. It must be so pretty in Hawaii. well bye
love Maggie Rose

The Gines Family said...

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS PICTURES PLEASE...............THANK YOU